- David Lamar
10 Things You Need to Know About Medicare
Medicare is a complex system, and it can be difficult to know where to start when it comes to understanding your coverage. Here are 10 things you need to know about Medicare:
1. Medicare is only for those 65 and older, people with certain disabilities, and those with End-Stage Renal Disease.
2. Medicare is divided into four parts: Part A (hospital insurance), Part B (medical insurance), Part C (Medicare Advantage), and Part D (prescription drug coverage).
3. Part A covers inpatient hospital care, skilled nursing facilities, hospice, and home health care services.
4. Part B covers outpatient services, such as doctor visits, laboratory tests, medical equipment, and preventive services.
5. Part C, also known as Medicare Advantage, is an alternative to Original Medicare that offers the same benefits but with additional features, such as dental and vision coverage.
6. Part D covers prescription drugs and can be added to Original Medicare or to a Medicare Advantage plan.
7. You may have to pay a monthly premium for Parts B and D, and you may also be responsible for copays, deductibles, and coinsurance.
8. You can enroll in Medicare during your Initial Enrollment Period, which begins three months before your 65th birthday and lasts for seven months.
9. If you're already receiving Social Security benefits, you will automatically be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B.
10. The Lamar Agency, at 855.545.2627 or thelamaragency.com, is a trusted Medicare insurance agency that can provide personalized recommendations and help you enroll in the right Medicare plan for your needs.
By understanding these 10 things about Medicare, you'll be better equipped to make informed decisions about your health coverage. If you have any questions or need further information, reach out to the Lamar Agency for assistance.